*Interested in joining the NRA? Click here to receive $10.00 off NRA Membership!
NRA Membership Benefits
The following basic membership benefits are automatically included with your NRA Annual Membership or Life Membership, along with special members-only discounts and services:
- An official NRA Membership ID card – showing your Membership ID number and expiration date or Life Member status. You should carry this card with you at all times.
- With all regular memberships, you will get a choice of subscription to American Rifleman, American Hunter, or America’s 1st Freedom,
- Junior members receive a subscription to Insights,
- Annual members receive $5,000 of Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage at NO COST to you. The plan covers accidents at, or to and from, an NRA event; and accidents that occur during the use of firearms or hunting equipment while hunting. Insurance must be activated at time of renewal. (Does not include Junior membership.)
- Life members receive $10,000 of Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage at NO COST to you. The plan covers accidents at, or to and from, an NRA event; and accidents that occur during the use of firearms or hunting equipment while hunting. Insurance must be activated at time of upgrade to Life member status.
- Law Enforcement Officers, that are NRA members, killed in the line of duty will have $25,000 in coverage.
- $2,500 of ArmsCare coverage with your NRA membership. This plan covers insured firearms, air guns, bows and arrows against theft, accidental loss, and damage. For purposes of insurance, NRA members must be current active members of the NRA whose name appears on the NRA membership list.
- New and Enhanced insurance coverages through the NRA Endorsed Insurance Programs. Enroll on-line for Life, Health and Accident and Individual Property and Liability insurance or call Toll free 1-877-NRA-3006 (1-877-672-3006.) New Commercial Property Liability Insurance Program for NRA Affiliated Clubs and Business Alliance Members, visit on-line or call Toll Free 1-877-487-5407.
- The most important benefit of NRA membership, however, is the defense of your Constitutional right to keep and bear arms. NRA-ILA tracks the issues and alerts members about legislation involving firearms and hunting at the federal, state and local levels of government. Successful legislative action begins with you – the individual member. For information regarding legislative action or to become an ILA grassroots volunteer, call 1-800-392-8683.
If you have questions about your NRA membership, please send e-mail to us email@example.com
History of the NRA:
The N.R.A. was founded in New York in 1871 “for the improvement of its members in marksmanship.” It has since evolved into a nationwide, nonprofit organization with more than three million members.
The N.R.A.’s objectives remain consistent with the purpose that inspired its founders more than a century ago. A primary objective of the N.R.A. is to “train people of good repute in marksmanship and safe handling of small arms.”
The N.R.A. is recognized as the national authority of firearm safety education and marksmanship training and is the national governing body for shooting in the U.S. Its education and training activities range from gun safety awareness training for pre-school to the training of Olympic shooters that represent the U.S. in world-class competitions. It also provides extensive educational shooting programs and materials for members and the general public.